5 Offbeat Places to Visit in Delhi
The capital city is filled with the heritage of historical sites along with the traces of the modern era. Delhi is the city that never ceases to amaze starting from the sites of historic importance to shopping malls, wholesale markets with unimaginable discounts, various arts and performances, Delhi water parks, and unusual museums. If you’re already done with India Gate and Red Fort, this is a must read article for you. In this article, we have curated 5 offbeat places in Delhi which you must visit.
1. The Railway Museum: The railway museum had already grabbed out attention from the Bollywood movie “Ki & Ka”. This place tops the list of offbeat places to visit in Delhi with its enormous area filled with trains and the customer service here is A-grade. If you are the one who loves to travel by the train and is interested to know about the evolution and history of the railway engines, you should pay a visit to the Railway museum. There are real sized trains for you to get on and look through the interiors of it.
2. Have a look at the Changing of Guards: Changing of the guards is a military tradition in which the armed forces at the borders and palaces take charges by changing periodically. At the Rashtrapati Bhawan, on the weekends you can have a glance on this tradition of the Indian Army. The intense exercise and disciplinary routines followed by the guards will give you goosebumps.
3. Visit the Champa Gali: Well Hauz-Khas is definitely one of the most famous places for food and drinks in Delhi. However, when it comes to offbeat places, Champa Gali is gaining popularity among young adults. This is a hidden lane with an ambiance that naturally grabs everybody’s attention. Located in the Saket area, Champa Gali is best suited for drinks and authentic Indian food for you to enjoy.
4. The Garden of five senses: This place came into existence in the year 2003 spread across 20 acres of area. The Garden was devised in a way to stimulate all the five senses of being with its beautifully crafted sculptures, lush green façade, rocks, murals, artificially designed waterfalls, and wind chimes will take your breath away. In the amphitheatre present in the park, musical and cultural performances are conducted on a regular basis. Also, have some mouth-watering delicacies served in the restaurant in the park.
5. Agrasen ki Baoli: This place was believed to be built by King Agrasen during the epic era of Mahabharata. The well is 130 steps along with carved chambers and secret passages. This offbeat place gets the interest of its visitors piqued as it is infamous for being haunted. Aamir Khan starrer Bollywood blockbuster PK was also shot at this location. If you are among the ones who love such intriguing places, then Agrasen ki Baoli is a must visit for you.
For further details on all the offbeat places to visit in Delhi, you can browse through the NerdsTravel website.